Sherlock Holmes Story Review #2
Sherlock Holmes Story Review #2
Story Name: A Case Of Identity
Summary: Sherlock Holmes was simply chatting with his partner, when he heard of something unnatural. Of course, this being his specialty, he begins investigating it. His partner finds out that a person has been taking identities, and eliminates all the possible disguises to find the culprit.
Review: This is a little bit better, with it being shorter. I like it being shorter because it makes it easier to read the story, and not have to go back several pages to learn about something in another page because of all the stretched out information in large books. The main plot of the story was also unraveled earlier, instead of being mentioned later on. Plus, it has sherlock Holmes, which is always nice. However, that is where the good ends, and where the bad starts. Sadly, this story is still in the first person point of view. As I mentioned, there are several problems with it. First, situations that would normally be easy to understand are very hard to understand, and thus causes the reader to lose interest and forget about it. Plus, it would drive people who don't want to have to make theories in order to explain situations away. Another problem is that it makes people possibly hate a character who has good reasons for what their doing, but the readers could not know because it was in the point of view of another character, most likely the hero. The filler is still there, but because of the lack of 2 extra pages, there is less filler, which is a slight improvement. The filler is still unnecessary, and drives me away from the Sherlock Holmes series even more. However, I will say that the slight improvement is making me believe that there is hope that Sherlock Holmes ditch these bad things, and becomes better later on. There is still one more bad thing I need to mention, and it is that Sherlock Holmes isn't the main character. I feel like even though it would be bad in 1st person, it would be better if Sherlock Holmes was the person narrating, and not his partner. However, this does make for some interesting situations, but overall it would be better if Sherlock Holmes was the main character.
Overall, this story was still a little bad, it was a improvement from the last story I reviewed.
I rate this a 4/10.
Comments
Post a Comment