Sherlock Holmes Story Review #3

 Sherlock Holmes Story Review #3

Story Name: The Yellow Face

Summary: Sherlock Holmes was waiting for somebody when his partner came in. The partner proceeds to then tell a story about seeing the wife at a new neighbors house, and seeing a van that held a peculiar person watching them. The partner and Sherlock then proceed to follow the case and solve it.


Review: This story is a improvement of the other stories, providing a sense of mystery while also not making it too confusing for the reader. This was a problem I had in other stories, so I am glad that they ironed-out a few of the bad bits, for a clean and overall nice story. The problems that were also fixed in the last story were not present here. Plus, it still has Sherlock Holmes, but he still is not the main protagonist. Once again, the first person point of view problems are still here. Situations are still confusing overall, and is just generally less fun to read than 3rd person point of view if you do not do it right. There also are some new problems coming in. The 1st new problem is that the story often takes way too many shifts, and leaves the reader confused on what part their on or what their reading. This puts the reader away from liking the story, because they have no idea what is going on. The problems are also problems that mostly can not be ignored, like the 1st person point of view and the shifting in the story. There is always still filler, but it seems like the filler in this story has been toned down a bit, which I like, as it leaves time for more action and excitement, plus it does not bore the reader having to read all the filler in order to get to the main plot of the story. The story itself has a unique twist, with the wife visiting the neighbor, but I feel like they should've put more emphasis on the "Yellow Face", like a outbreak taking place where people are ill and have a yellow face, so Sherlock and his partner go to investigate this sudden outbreak. Plus, the plot could have some tweaking in some places. However, this feels like a great improvement over the last one, with better story, less filler, more problems fixed, and is overall better. Overall, the story is a good read but I would choose something else if I had the chance.

I rate it a 7/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sherlock Homes Story Review: #1